So I haven't updated here in a while, so I thought I'd recap our pre-election day festivities before coming back with another post about election day.
Early voting was insane at Carolina, with Rams Head open from Oct 18 to Nov 3, we had a total of 9500 students vote on campus. It was amazing; we were standing outside Rams Head everyday from noon to 7pm (when the polls closed) and simply herded people into the dining hall. That was our strategy: simple, effective, and fun.
Speaking of fun, we had many events down in the Plaza. Candidate for governor, Walter Dalton visited us to speak to a crowd of volunteers along with his wife and election team. A couple of days later, Congressman David Price actually came and voted at Rams Head on Nov 2. He brought with him Lt. governor candidate Linda Coleman; they both gave impassioned speeches that truly reminded us why we were volunteering.
It was a long couple of weeks, but we made it. We had a great turnout and informed so many students. I'll come back in a few days with an Election Day post; because that was one hell of a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment